Ga naar inhoud

Getting data from 2 tables away

Faria

Aanbevolen berichten

Hello,

Im in need of some assistance. Im fairly new to Filemaker and Im trying to do show some information that It aint showing. Basically I have:

A form for the invoices and I want to show the company name on it. Already filled in within the forecast table, but I cant seem to get that value in the projects form and in the invoice forms. Every time I try to get a value from 2 tables away it doesnt work. Am I missing something? 

Regards,

image.png

Link naar reactie

In the Forecast I cant get the Companies Name. In Projects I can get the Forecast associated to it. But I cant get the company Name with the Invoice associated with the project.

To specify I want an already filled field that was designated in Forecasts.

aangepast door Faria
Link naar reactie

Hello Faria, maybe it would help if you copy and paste those 4 tables in a "lab scale" file. Just go to the table definitions dialog, select the 4 tables, copy, paste in a new file. Make the relations again between the table occurrences. After pasting a table, the table is empty. Add a few records everywhere so we have some data to work with. Maybe remove the fields you think are irrelevant and none of our business :-)

Doing this has 2 advantages. It makes you re-apply the logic, and think it over. And it helps us as well, because if you upload that file, we will probably very quickly be able to identify the problem.

Link naar reactie
1 uur geleden zei Faria:

It was due to a relation. Because you cant have 2 tables related to one, weird enough, So I made a workaround in terms of connections and made it work.

Please elaborate. I don't understand anything of this statement.

In my perception you can have as many tables related to one as you ever would like.

And what is "a workaround in terms of connections"?

aangepast door hbrendel
Link naar reactie

Ok. In the previous tables I shown, you can see in th eForecast Table the SharkID, it corresponds to a Shark table. So, you have that connection, one Shark is in charge of a Forecast. Then, There is a parallel table Timesheet, connected to the table Projects, whre you can say, a Shark recorded X hours in a project Y. Not the same shark set up previously. So in the Timesheet table, you also have a SharkID, And THAT connection is not possible in Filemaker. In a normal DB system it is possible, not here though, therefore I just removed that connection, and it started to work again. I kinda not know why though. Filemaker isnt making much sense to be honest.

Link naar reactie

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...