Ga naar inhoud

Backup data From Filemaker Pro 11 to SQL Server

TiagoCosta17

Vraag

Hello Everyone,

Small question, does anyone ever made a nightly backup of data , from a Filemaker file in one server to an MS SQL Server DB in another using a PULL method ? ( meaning that the SQL server DB will pull the data automatically )

I've installed the Windows ODBC driver (provided by filemaker in the CD) and created a new DSN, my problem is I cannot make a connection between the SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO and the FILEMAKER FILE using the DSN that I created.

Another aspect is that the SQL SERVER is on a 64-bit machine (if that makes any diference)

Thanks a lot in advance

Tiago.

Link naar reactie

4 antwoorden op deze vraag

Aanbevolen berichten

Filemaker should be running and you need a user that can access the filemaker-file via odbc (through the Filemaker-Application), also a normal filemaker-client can only make files odbc-accessible to the localhost and not to the network.

If you want to access a filemaker-file through odbc from the network you'll need to use Filemaker Server Advanced since the standard-version does not support being an ODBC-source.

Link naar reactie

Strange that the configuration MsSQL-Win64 with a 32-bit DSN (to FMS11) does not work. I can't test that configuration here, so I can't say why that is. However I do get the 32-bit DSN working just fine on a 64-bit machine in excel and openoffice, so I'd expect it to work with something like MS-SQL as well. Are you sure you configured it correctly?

Link naar reactie

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Beantwoord deze vraag...

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...